Amna decided she wanted to try some techniques that will make my tiny eyes look bigger. I have tragically hooded lids and that means any eye makeup I do tends to disappear and make it seem like I had applied nothing. Now, these techniques are too much for everyday but the cat liner is one that I can work into my everyday routine for sure.
Here is everything that we used:
Mac Prep and Prime
Loreal True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup in Buff Beige
Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in 25 Medium
Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer in Medium
Tarte Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay Finishing Powder
The Balm Bahama Mama bronzer
The Balm Frat Boy blush
The Balm Mary Lou-Manizer
Tarte Bon Voyage Eyeshadow Palette
Catrice gel liner in Black Jack with Jack Black
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Pencil in Perversion
Maybelline Rocket Volume Mascara
Oriflame Wonderlash Waterproof Mascara in Black
Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade in Soft Brown
Revlon ColorBurst Matte Balm in Sultry
For reasons that can only be attributed to forgetfulness, the concealers and Oriflame mascara are not pictured so just imagine that they are there.
- Apply primer, foundation and concealer to a clean, moisturized face and set it all with the finishing powder. Now, this is my regular foundation routine so use whatever products you have and are comfortable with.
- Fill in your brows. Take your time with this using gentle strokes for a natural look.
- The eyes is where it gets fun. Apply a medium matte mauve color to the crease first. For hooded lids use a dark color not in the actual outer corner, but above it in a high V shape (Amna used a nude lip liner to mark out this V before putting shadow) this will lift the eye. To do this, look straight into the mirror with your eyes open and apply the color above the crease. Then apply a shimmery shade in the center of the lid. Then a light matte color on the brow bone. Finish off with a pale shimmery shade in the inner corner.
- Use a gel liner to create a thick cat eye look. Keep opening your eyes to correct the shape so that it is visible beyond the hood of your eye lid.
- Curl your lashes and apply mascara. My lashes are pretty thin and flat so Amna used a feathering motion with the mascara wand to create a doe-eyed look. For bottom lashes use a mascara with a fine comb to get all the lashes.
- Buff a bronzer into the hollows of your cheeks then apply a pink blush on your cheeks and highlighter on them cheekbones for a sexy glow.
- Apply your favorite lipstick. A statement lip can work well with this look but I (no, Amna) decided to use this nude mauvey color.
And here is the final look: