I have made this chocolate ganache tart two times before and each time it turns out excellent. The best part is how insanely easy it is. There is a buttery biscuit base filled with a ganache made with just three ingredients. The whole thing is a four ingredient dessert and looks like you spent hours on it when it comes together in less than an hour tops. I have used this recipe from Laura Vitale and is going in my permanent repertoire of recipes.
Chocolate Ganache Tarte
For the Crust:
- 1-1/2 cups of crushed wheat biscuits (I used 2 boxes of Wheatables)
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
For the Filling:
1 cup of Olper’s Cream (I used a packet)
1/4 cup of unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
6 oz of semisweet chocolate chips
6 oz of milk chocolate chips
Small pinch of salt
- 1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9” tart pan with a removable bottom and set aside.
- 2) In a bowl use a mortar to crush the biscuits to a fine crumb. Melt the butter and add to the bowl and mix with a spoon till the mixture resembles wet sand.
- 3) Bake the crust for about 10 minutes, remove it from the oven and allow it to cool quite a bit. The crust will puff up as it bakes but as it cools, it will deflate.
- 5) In a small saucepan, add the butter and cream and heat together until the butter is fully melted and the mixture comes to a simmer. Pour mixture over the chocolate chips and allow it to sit for just a few minutes.4) Add the chocolate chips to a large bowl along with the pinch of salt and set aside.
- 6) Whisk the chocolate chips and cream mixture together really well until you get a nice smooth ganache. Pour mixture into your prepared crust, pop it in the fridge and allow it to set for about 8 hours or overnight (I probably kept it for four and it was fine).
- 7) When ready to serve, top with some Olper’s Cream and dust cocoa powder on top!
- Disclaimer: Post sponsored by Olper’s Cream. This in no way affects my opinion because I have made this tart with Olper’s Cream before and it is my preferred choice. Also, the new formula is the bomb, because it is richer and thicker and holds it’s shape like no other.