Ramazan is in full swing so today we bring you an easy dip for your pakoras and spring rolls. It is a an easy mix of just two ingredients, salsa and sour cream. The freshness of the tomato, lemon and onion is a contrast against the cool cream and it is a slight change from the usual chutneys. Since I like to eat fresh organic food *hair flip* I made the salsa myself instead of using the jarred stuff. Honestly, it is easier and cheaper to do that and the smell of the tomatoes and coriander is to die for.
Easy Pakora Dip
- 2-3 medium sized fresh tomatoes, stems removed
- 1/2 red onion
- 2 green chilies
- Juice of one lime
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pinch of dried oregano (crumble in your fingers before adding), more to taste
- Pinch of ground cumin, more to taste
- 1 packet Olper’s cream
- 1 lemon
- Start by roughly chopping the tomatoes, chiles, and onions. Chuck all of the ingredients (except the cream and lemon) in a blender and whiz until you have a slightly chunky salsa.
2. Make the sour cream by squeezing the lemon into the cream. Stir and it will naturally thicken into sour cream.
3. Mix the salsa and sour cream together and add salt and pepper to taste. Leave in the fridge for an hour for the flavors to meld and intensify.
4. Dip them pakoras and enjoy!
Disclaimer: Post is sponsored by Olper’s Cream. This in no way affects my opinion. Also, the new formula is the bomb, because it is richer and thicker and holds it’s shape like no other. Recipe has been adapted from here and here.